Friday, September 13, 2013

Words Of Wisdom From Yours Truly....I'm Like The Dalai Lama.


After I posted my " Girls can have muscle too" blog this week, a few girls wrote me about how they too have experienced other women's verbal attacks about their bodies and how they "shouldn't lift weights anymore"....just "run and do yoga or something" because their too "bulky."  I'm sorry, but who are these people giving such educated advice? Do they work in the fitness industry? Have they studied the body? What makes these women such damn experts? Funny how it's less likely for men to give this advice or pass this judgement, but rather women, who share our same insecurities, are the ones that are making other women feel like shit. Aren't we suppose to stick together and support each other? WTF is wrong with people?! I just recently "defriended" someone on face book because of a comment they made on one of my friends photos that I was tagged in. My friend has been training her ass off for a figure competition and looks amazing. Someone I knew wrote, "ugg-a-lee". I was mortified. After I apologized to my friend for the horrible comment, she said, with such a good attitude, "It's ok! Muscle aint for everybody." This may be true, but why make someone else feel bad about something they may be proud of? And it's always the miserable people that have to comment on shit that doesn't concern them.

I'd like to share a couple things with you all....an education of some sorts from research I've been doin online....I pretty much have a masters degree now..just sayin.

As you know, this is what society thinks looks good....










 Women don't wanna lift weights, because they think this will happen...( this requires a lot of food, work and drugs btw).





When in reality, this is what will happen...That is, if you eat a clean diet, work out consistently and take classes at Train Insane Gym :)












If it's so bad, why does Jessica do it?



And Cameron?

And Kelly?





And Jennifer?






And I mean, my god, they just look awful....so "bulky".






 

They do it because they feel good and they rock strong bodies and they want to be healthy for their families and muscle doesn't scare them and they reject the stereotypes and refuse society's standards. Maybe their bodies genetically are athletic and maybe they can't help but build muscle easily. Maybe some of them weren't gifted with being 5'11 or naturally having long legs. What I've learned is that you can't morph into something you're not. My sisters are taller and naturally longer than I am. I mean for gods sake, Leah's hips are at my tits! I'll never have that type of shape. My body is more athletic. If I try, I build muscle pretty easily. I will never be a runway model and I'm okay with that. But! I will be the best version of myself and I'll friggin work what I've got to offer and not be afraid of a strong body for cryin out loud!
 







Ladies, love yourselves and love your bodies. Don't let others dictate how you feel about yourself. Don't change for anyone else but you. If you're not happy, do something...change it.....but don't let some skinny hater bitch in the bathroom or a scrawny, mean boyfriends mom or your anti weight lifting friends make you feel like you need to fix something that's wrong with you. I never knew looking like an athlete made you a weirdo..god forbid you can actually escape a rapist using your own body weight by climbing out of a tall locked dungeon....

Ok, I may watch too much "Law and Order" but that shit can happen....and bitches, I'ma be ready for it!

Insane Bikini Momma







3 comments: