Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week 1- I'm Actually Doin This!! Ahhhhh!!!



So, I just finished week 1 of my 6 and a half month bikini show transformation! The show is Dec 14th in Culver City, and thank god they had a "novice bikini" category :) I decided to sign up for this show because 9 months ago I had my first baby, and I never imagined I could still be SO out of shape at this point.

Before I was pregnant, I have to say that I kinda half ass'd everything. I mean, was I in amazing shape? NO. Did people ask me at the pool if I work out? NO. Did I work out consistently and cut back on sugar and wine? NO. Did I just get an amazing airbrush tan, wear heels at the pool, cover my ass in a cute sarong and hope that my big augmented boobs would  just take away from any noticeable cellulite and only take pictures from the side? Fuck yes :) I've never in my 33 years ever had the body of my dreams. I've worked out and dieted like crazy for at most 30 days, and I still didn't quite understand that this was kind of a lifestyle change and not just a crash diet situation :/..damn....( and side note- screw you Amanda and Leah for your skinny, long legs..I'm your sister so whose genes did I get?! Our mom said "You have your ice skater grandmothers body" ..huh?! ya, caaaaause I look like an ice skater....not....but thank you mom.) 

While pregnant, I enjoyed weekly servings of 31 flavors, In N Out, and 7-11 slushies! It was summer and hot as hell! Most people commented on how I was "all belly," but my doctor had to have several talks with me about how I had to "slow down" or I'd be 200+ lbs giving birth. (I wondered if Geoff paid him to say that ;) I continued to enjoy eating for two and managed to gain close to 50 lbs. Ahhhhh!!!! It's so funny when you look at other moms eating shit while pregnant and think "I'm gonna eat healthy and work out when I'm pregnant", but no matter what, you're gonna indulge and your swollen body can't seem to manage a workout aside from walking towards the end :/...When I left the hospital, I swore there was another baby still in there...wtf?! I asked Geoff one morning, "Were my legs this big while pregnant?" and his sweet, charming reply was " Ya, I think you just didn't see it with your belly in the way" (Thanks a ton dick...clearly, he's very honest). So, needless to say, this started my quest in getting back in shape or at least getting back to my pre-baby body!

 After 9 months of going to the gym 4 days a week consistently and eating " better," I've lost around 25 lbs. The only thing that is driving me nuts is the fact that I've been stuck at this 157 number on the scale and still feel like shit. I'm literally wearing black Zella leggings every day of my life with tunics and wedges, in hopes to elongate my legs...I look at other moms who "bounce back" in 3 months and I hate them...you freak of nature bitches. A friend said to me about a week ago, " well, Hannah, those freaks are celebrities mostly who have lots of money and can afford trainers and nutritionists and don't have to work full time!" Well....MY HUSBAND IS A FUCKING TRAINER AND NUTRITION ADVISER AND I DON'T WORK FULL TIME!! what's my excuse?!

So that, and an article I read in Oxygen Magazine about my high school girlfriend, Shannon, who has two kids, got in shape for a bikini competition and now has a damn fitness empire (Shannon you rock!), got me changing some things. First, I started listening to my husband and his coaches Cara and Natasha about fitness and nutrition. I signed up for the Excalibur Bikini Competition, and I started prepping my food on Sundays for the entire week. I also announced on Facebook to my 900 closest friends about my future fitness challenge, and I started this blog to help keep me accountable. I have survived the first week with several already planned festivities; I brought my own food or ate before. I have to be honest and say that some people get weird when you say you're doing this...like, they start to feel bad about themselves and then you feel bad that you made them feel bad, but then you say to yourself, " fuck 'em, I want a hot body."

Here's to the 2nd week and staying consistent, motivated and working my ass off...literally :)

-Insane Bikini Momma




2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I LOVE this blog already!! Go Hannah! I totally look forward to reading this every week and will support you all the way!! I will definitely help hold you accountable when you come and hang with me. It would be so fun to slap the shit out of you when I see you eyeballing the sweet treats :)

    ReplyDelete