Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week 6-Clean Eating Tips While On Vacation Are Bullshit :)


So, I know....I suck. I'm a couple days late gettin this out because we were traveling to Washington! I must have planned and paid for a trip to visit friends in Seattle when I wasn't dieting :/....It all sounded absolutely fabulous at the time of purchase, however, before I left it honestly stressed me the fuck out. I read a bunch of blogs and took tips from some clean eating sites that told you how to travel and still stay consistent....but let me be honest and say, you're not gonna do any of that shit.

I managed to pack a lifetime supply of Luna bars and protein powder, but I'm sorry, the idea of checking a cooler full of meals for 4 days is completely insane. Especially when Alaska airlines wants to charge you $44 bucks to do it. Then I thought, " Oh, I'll shop when I get there and prep food in our friends kitchen." Ya, that's not awkward. "So nice to see you...Oh, you want to go out and celebrate? Oh and wine taste? Oh, and take the kids out to the park?...ya...well....I've got to stay here and cook and measure my portions.. Oh, and can I borrow your car to run to the grocery store?" I mean seriously?! Who does that?! I guess REALLY serious people do, but that just makes me slightly less than a human being, and even though I cuss like a sailor, and I only hope Colton doesn't pick up on it, I'm not an asshole guest.

I am gonna admit that I probably could have done better, but I did learn one thing. Even though I'm pretty sure I lost track of my calories the second day there, I made SMARTER choices. Did I have a glass of wine? Yes..Did I eat portions without measuring them? Yes ( Did I manage to start my period a week early? What the fuck..yes) BUT! I passed on dessert, made an effort to make better choices, and envisioned what a handful of nuts looked like since now I know what a 1/4 measurement is. Part of me was disappointed, but the other part was impressed that in 6 weeks I've really learned how to be better. Maybe not perfect, but much much better. Now if my bikini contest was next week I'd be fucked, but I won't kick myself for now.

And let me mention on a side note, that as bad as candy is for you, fruit is just as lethal. I thought if we had an activity that was outside and fun for all like "Rasberry Picking in Snohomish Washington" that we could avoid any unnecessary indulging and eat berries instead, while working to get them of course, but $22 dollars and 3 hours later that was like chewing 16 packs of sugar free gum or drinking a gallon of Crystal Light! That is one fucked up gastro intestinal issue. Just sayin.

Anyway, we survived and we made it back last night. I have jumped back on the wagon and started logging my food as usual. Still need to hit up the grocery store and cook, but luckily we still had the basics in the fridge. Now if my damn dog could figure out how to beat anxiety while we're gone and not chew his entire feet off and cost me $100 bucks today at the vet that would be a major accomplishment.

Lastly, I have no one to take my weekly picture at the moment (which I'm not gonna say I'm sad about), but as soon as my hubby returns ill get on it and post it....that should be fun...can I take my weekly after pic in candle light do you think? Fuck.....

Insane Bikini Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment