Sunday, July 7, 2013

Week 5- I made it 5 weeks so find out how I'm doing it!!


 First of all, let me apologize for my day late blog post...yesterday was supposed to be my cook everything, clean house, run errands, write new blog kind of day, but then my husband decided to get the fucking flu and everything went south. Am I alone when I say that I REALLY wanted to punch my husband in the face when he asked me for a blanket or food or even when he apologized for being sick (and helpless and a big pain in my ass)?!!! Wtf?! If I get sick I've got to take care of a husband and a baby and a dog, but when men get sick they're a bunch of pussy's. Just sayin.....

Second of all, let me say that I made it a whole month in this insane bikini transformation !!!! Woohoo!! Partyyyy for meeeeeee!!!! I'm actually in awe of the fact that I've been so strict with myself for 5 whole weeks! I think I finally got on a roll and started seeing some changes so a little piece of myself just had to keep this shit goin! What's really sad is that this is totally doable. When I say sad, I mean because I could have done this a long time ago but instead I put it off and gave up and never stayed consistent. What's even more sad is that I've been with Geoff for 10 years and just never really wanted to listen to him or follow his advice. I'm pretty much the WORST client ever. Anyway, better late than never, so here I am ;)

Let's talk about Grocery shopping....it's pretty much bullshit. I have to literally go to 4 stores to get everything between Geoff, myself and the baby. Seriously Trader Joes?! You can't sell baby items? and I'm sorry but why will my husband only eat the salsa at Smart n Final?! My family and the universe are fucking with me on a daily basis. But, I try to bust out shopping only once a week so I get it done and it's over with.

When it comes to shopping here's my tips:

-Plan out your meals for the week, so you have a handy list of the foods you need and you wont get side tracked looking at the chips and salsa.
-Grab a bunch of those produce bags so you don't have to keep pulling them off for every fruit and veggie you pick up..you can have them in your cart when you need one...this is just for the lazy people like me. 
-Buy Luna bars for snacks...those things are the bomb! Blueberry Bliss, Honey Pretzel Peanut, and Coconut Chocolate Macadamia are ridiculous.
 -The boxed frozen rice at Trader Joes is awesome because I suck at cooking rice and all ya do is microwave it for 3 min. If it's easy you'll stay on track :)
-If you don't own a crock pot you need one now!! The thought of putting food in there, going to bed and having it cook by itself is kind of amazing. My favorite is throwing a package of 4 chicken breasts in there with a salsa that you love and doing chicken tacos! So easy and so cheap!
-Save money at the store by keeping it simple. Eat the same things for a week.  If you give yourself too much variety you will most likely cheat and not want to log your food (story of my life).

Now, here's what my food looks like this week. 1700 calories. 170 g. carbs, 127 g. protein,  57 g. fat.

Breakfast- 1 cup banana peanut butter oatmeal (amazing and made in crock pot. 4 bananas, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 c. peanut butter, 1/4 c agave nectar, 4 cups water and 1 cup steel cut oats. Makes 8, 1 c. servings. 215 calories).
2 eggs
1/2 link Adelle's chicken habanero sausage

Late morning snack- Luna bar

Lunch- 4 oz chicken breast
1/4 c. feta
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs balsamic
2 cups spinach
1/4 c quinoa

Late afternoon snack- apple

Post workout snack- Chocolate protein shake (Costco Cytosport bag of chocolate) with water.

 Dinner - 4 oz chicken breast
1 c. sauteed mushrooms, zucchini, and onion mix
1/2 c. sweet potato cubed and baked with 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

*I don't always eat these in this order, so its nice to eat what you feel like when you want it. I just make sure I only eat the items I've packed for the day.

This is my menu for Monday-Sunday. I've been doing ground turkey in taco bowls and if I have one more taco bowl I may shrivel up and die, so I'm moving onto chicken this week. I made everything yesterday and either put it in tupperware or plastic baggies to save space in the fridge. The cleanup is a bitch and it's really fun cooking when your child is screamin at you, but well worth it Monday morning when all you need to do is pack your lunch bag and not think about it. I have found that if I'm prepared then this is a no brainer. You get on a roll and it does seem like part of your routine after a few weeks. The only thing that's been hard is that the weekends seem monotonous and you don't really look forward to going to parties, bbq's, etc. And eating out is definitely out of the question. But all the fit people I know say that this will just suck now...getting to my goal. But once I'm there a cheat day is allowed every now and again...one can only hope.

Now, the food and busting my ass in the gym seem to be the easy part...But I have to be honest and say that today I'm having a day. I try not to weigh myself because that can be easily discouraging, but this is the first time that I feel frustrated at my work so far. I have been busting my ass and see slight results on camera. I almost don't want to post my picture each week, because it usually ends with Geoff and I screaming at each other that he "took a bad photo" when in fact, that's just really what I look like. I understand why people give up and throw in the towel because you bust your ass and the results come so slowly...it's honestly super fucked up. But, I'm gonna stop hating on myself today and get to the gym and hope that Geoff is right when he says, "just hang in a little longer."

 Fuck you instant gratification......

last weeks pic                                                                                          This weeks pic





  


3 comments:

  1. I really appreciate you posting your meal plan and your journey it's very encouraging and your doing an AMAZING JOB!! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Hannah! I feel all of the same exact things! I think I finally reached my " bottom" and decided to quit making excuses. Planned out my meals for the week and had to go to 4 different stores to find everything. Then I accidentally bought a 5oz piece of halibut for $9.99! What! I was so diligent all day about price comparisons. It was my last stop and I guess I looked at the wrong price! Sheesh! I didn't buy ground turkey because it was $5.99. I could have gotten 4 meals out of that! Oh we'll. I hope it's good! Keep up the hard work! You look amazi g and your blogs are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I yelled to Nate.. "Well, we have 'fuck' and 'pussy' all in the first paragraph this week!"
    Your blog cracks me up. I am right there with ya, girl! You're doing great! We have a LONG road ahead of us, but we'll all get there together. I can't WAIT for us to celebrate when it's done!!!!!!
    XOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete